About Murach eBooks
What to expect from our eBooks
How the Viewer works
What you can't do with our eBooks
What happens when you order an eBook
Our recommendations for Viewer settings
Your comments, please
- Our eBooks are designed to let you read them on
up to 3 computers or devices using a 3rd-party Viewer.
- The Viewer can run on these 4 operating systems: Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS (for devices like the iPad and iPhone).
- Our eBooks make it easy for you to search our books
when you use them for reference and to carry them
with you on your laptop, tablet, or phone.
- Our "paired pages" format is one of the unique features
that makes our books so effective, and that format works best for learning in print.
But you can set the Windows, Android, and iOS viewers to display the paired pages side-by-side.
- At present, we don't offer our eBooks in any other formats, like Kindle or Nook, or at Safari Books Online.
- Our eBooks require that you install and register
a special Viewer from a company named LockLizard.
You can get Viewers for Windows,
Mac, Android, and iOS devices. (Besides being available from LockLizard, the Android Viewer is in the Google Play store and the iOS Viewer is in the Apple App store; both are free apps.)
- When you buy our eBooks, you get 3 Viewer licenses.
That means you can install and register the Viewer
on 3 different devices.
- The installation takes just a couple of minutes,
and you only need to do it once, no matter how many
of our eBooks you buy.
- Once you've installed and registered the Viewer,
you won't ever need to enter a user name or password
to view one of our eBooks on that device. The
authorization is done automatically, due to the
- The Viewer is similar to Adobe Reader, but simpler,
and the eBook files have an extension of PDC instead
of PDF. Each eBook is fully searchable and allows
for unlimited printing. And all of the chapters
and topics are bookmarked for easy access.
- Access our eBooks on other devices or with other
- Run the LockLizard Viewer in Citrix, Windows Terminal
Server, and other virtual environments.
- Cut-and-paste, mark up text, add your own bookmarks,
or change the existing bookmarks.
- You'll receive an email from us that gives you
a link for retrieving your eBook.
- If you haven't bought an eBook from us before,
you'll receive an email from LockLizard that tells
you (1) how to install the Viewer and (2) how to
register the Viewer.
- If either email doesn't arrive, please check your
junk or spam email folder. (In most cases, both
emails arrive immediately, but the LockLizard email
may take up to 30 minutes.)
Note: Please keep the emails and your eBooks
with your software backups. Then, if you re-install
your operating system or change your hard disk drive
for any reason, you can re-install and re-register
the Viewer and continue using it as before.
- For the Windows, Android, and iOS Viewers: Because our books use our unique "paired pages"
format, we recommend that you set the Page Layout
options in the View menu to Facing and the sizing
option to Fit to Page. That way, you can see both
pages in a pair at once.
- If those settings make the type too small for
reading, you can close the Bookmarks panel by clicking
on the rightmost button in the toolbar and then
reset the View option to Fit to Page. Otherwise,
you can increase the page size or use the default
Single Page setting.
- Note that the Mac Viewer doesn't provide
for the Facing layout. It is also missing some of
the other functionality of the Windows, Android, and iOS Viewers.
To put it simply, our goal is to provide easy-to-use
eBooks for our customers without the risk of widespread
That's why we've chosen the LockLizard approach to
eBook protection. Although we know this isn't the
perfect solution for everyone, we sure hope that most
of our customers will be more than satisfied with
Of course, if you have any comments about our eBooks
or ideas on how to make them better, we would appreciate
hearing from you. And thanks again for being our customer.
Our 100% Guarantee
First, try our
books for 60 days. Then, if you aren't completely
convinced that our books are the best ones you've
ever used, you can return them for a prompt refund...no